Friday, February 19, 2010

Change is in the Air!

So I am getting kind of bored (and not-so-creative) with the self-portrait thing, and I am figuring out that it's not so much helping me to take better photos, but to learn how to use my timer or take photos in awkward positions. And let's face it, those things aren't completely un-useful, but do I really need to PERFECT those skills - and will it really take me 365 days? I hope not! Soooo . . . I've been looking at some other people's 365-project blogs, and here is what I'm finding:
  • some just take and edit one photo a day, no particular rhyme or reason
  • some have a theme for each day of the week - for example, Mondays - Natalie, Tuesdays - family, Wednesdays - outdoors, Thursdays, Mollie, etc
  • some have a them for each week, and they get pretty creative with it after a while - for example, one I saw was "The Little Things" and it was different toys and "little" aspects of her son's life every day
  • some follow the ideas of someone else every day, using an "assignment," from a website like http://dailyshoot.com/, whose assignment today, for example, is: "Symbols can be simple, ornate, plain, or colorful. Make a photo of a symbol that represents or stands for something else."

Think, think, think. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment